Please follow the instructions to reserve your watch. Need help? email us directly.
When you go to the 617S product page, follow the instructions below.
Select a serial number
Only numbers still available may be seen on the list. Numbers will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Choose your strap
Black with red stitching or Brown Vintage Nubuck. You can also choose an additional strap (£80 Excl. VAT) if you want both.
2. Personalise your watch
First, enter your RAF / Royal Navy Service number.
Then ensure you have read and agree with the terms and conditions of this project and check the option if you agree.
3. Case back engraving
Check the applicable option. If you want text other than your service number, please enter this. Note: all text will be engraved in CAPITAL letters and there is a maximum of 10 characters allowed.
4. Buckle engraving
By default, the watch will have ‘617’ engraved. Select another option if you want to use your RAF service number or something else (Max. 10 characters).
5. BFPO Pricing and shipping
Prices will show VAT included until you have entered the delivery address.
Full price: £810 Incl. VAT. £675 Excl. VAT
50% deposit: £405 Incl. VAT, £337.50 Excl.VAT
Please enter your correct address that your debit/credit card is registered to.
BFPO Delivery details
At checkout, select ‘Deliver to a different address’.
Use the following shipping details:
Country/Region: British Forces BFPO
Street Address & Town/City: BFPO365
Postcode: BF1 4LG
Once you have entered the correct Country/Region VAT will be removed.
(To note: if the BFPO address changes, don’t worry as we’ll confirm the correct address with the project leader, when we send all the watches).
Not getting this shipped to BFPO?
Simply use your billing address, or enter a new address. If it’s UK based, then VAT will be charged.
If you enter BFPO now, but the watch is shipped non BFPO / UK later, then you will be charged VAT on the full amount. (£135) this will be added to the balance due.
What happens next?
Once you have paid your deposit, you’ll receive an email confirming your order. If you don’t receive this, first check you junk mail – and if you still can’t find it, contact us and we’ll confirm the order with you.
We’re aiming to have prototypes ready July-August, so will photograph these and send any samples over to RAF Marham.
Watches are currently estimated to be finished by the end of October, for delivery November to December 2023. We’ve allowed six months for manufacture plus a two month contingency for any delays that might happen.
We’ll keep you informed on progress as we go through manufacture and prototypes.
Want to make a change later?
You’ll be able to change your personalisation options right up to the point where we’ve finished manufacturing. You can also change your strap choice, or add another strap prior to shipping. However, for this we’ll need to do it manually, please please contact us directly to make any changes.
Please note: We cannot change any allocated serial numbers once these have been reserved.
The prices shown during checkout may include VAT. Please ensure you follow these instructions if you will be outside the UK (BFPO).
Terms and Conditions
Before you order, please ensure you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- This project is only available to active or retired RAF / Royal Navy personnel.
- Deposits are only refundable in the event we do not get the required number of people paying their deposits. In this event, the project would stop and all deposits would be refunded.
- Once we commence manufacturing, deposits are non-refundable.
- Balance payments will be due when all manufacturing has finished and we enter watch assembly. We’ll contact you nearer the time to arrange this.
- Delivery is £10 for UK and BFPO. Any orders (non BFPO) outside of the UK will be charged at £40 and sent via DHL. The applicable delivery charge will be added to the balance when it is due.
- VAT for the full amount (£135) will be added to the balance payment if you have chosen BFPO now but the watch is delivered to a non BFPO UK address.
- If an additional strap is reserved, then a charge of £80 Excl.VAT or £96 Incl.VAT will be added to the balance when it is due.
- All watches are covered by a two-year warranty.
- Pinion is not liable for any additional charges that might occur (i.e. VAT on exports to BFPO) from any legislation that might come into place between now and when the watches are shipped. Nor is Pinion liable in the event watches need to be declared for VAT should they re-enter the UK.
If you have a question not answered here, please contact us directly.