Simplicity powered by mechanical purity.
Sometimes, with all the complications, elaborate designs and ways to display time, it is refreshing to see a watch that brings everything back to the essence of it all. That watch is the Pinion Pure, which is a hand wound watch powered by a Swiss movement (Unitas 6498).
The mechanical movement was originally developed for pocket watches in the 1950s meaning it is larger than most modern watch movements, however, sits nicely in the 42mm case size of the Pure.
The requirement to wind the timepiece on a regular basis allows the owner to form a connection and to discover the delight of the slower tick-tick sound that you only really get with older hand wound watches from an era before the 1970s.
“With purity of purpose on the dial, and behind it, the Pure draws inspiration from professional instruments of the past and reinvents it for the wrist now”.
– Piers Berry, Pinion Founder.
- Time in hours, minutes, seconds.
- Hand wound Swiss made ETA 6498.
- 17 Jewels.
- Frequency: 18,000 vibrations per hour.
- 50 hour power reserve.
- Stainless steel polished / Grey DLC finish 42mm (excluding crown).
- Stainless steel crown with Pinion motif.
- Solid steel case back, engraved and numbered.
- Painted dial with applied numerals / indexes filled with Swiss Superluminova® coating.
- Coated brass hands with Swiss Superluminova® coating (hour, minutes).
- 10 ATM, 100 metres.
- 22mm leather strap with Pinion steel buckle.
- 42mm excluding crown
- 45mm including crown
- 50mm total height
- 13mm height ( case back to crystal )
- 22mm lug width
- Approx. 78g without strap
- Approx. 93g with strap