The Revival 1969 (R-1969) is Pinion’s first chronograph wristwatch that is powered by the iconic hand wound Valjoux 7734 movement is limited to only 100 pieces and allows the wearer to see time on both sides of the watch.
On the front, present time. Hours, minutes, seconds and date display – along with classic chronograph stopwatch registers – appear against a multi-layer, contrast finished black dial with milled, polished and applied indexes and numerals.
On the reverse of the watch and visible in full through the grey smoked glass exhibition case back, we see time as it was measured in the past, in the form of a beautiful new-old-stock Valjoux 7734 hand-wound movement from 1969.
Shop the R-1969
“How do you bring some- thing from 1969 up to date without changing anything? We secured a very rare stock of movements still in their unused and unassembled (ebauché) condition. So we started with what we had and built out from there”.
– Piers Berry, Pinion Founder.
- Time in hours, minutes, seconds. Date display.
- Chronograph function with 60-seconds and 60 minutes timing.
- Hand wound Valjoux 7734 movement ( new-old-stock ).
- 17 Jewels.
- Frequency: 18,800 vibrations per hour.
- Pinion decorated bridge
- 38 hour power reserve.
- Stainless steel polished finish. 43mm (excluding crown).
- Stainless steel crown with Pinion motif.
- Steel pushers, polished finish.
- Smoked glass exhibition back engraved and numbered.
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating (inside only).
- Painted dial with applied numerals / indexes filled with Swiss Superluminova® coating SLN C1-GL.
- Coated brass hands with Swiss Superluminova® coating (hour, minutes, chronograph seconds).
- 10 ATM, 100 metres.
- 22mm leather strap with Pinion steel buckle.
- 43mm excluding crown
- 45mm including crown
- 52mm total length
- 14mm height ( case back to crystal )
- 22mm lug width
- Approx. 92g without strap
- Approx. 108g with strap