Exclusive watch for members of the UK’s Official Mercedes-Benz Club.
Pinion is honoured to partner with the Official UK Mercedes-Benz Club, making an exclusive watch that celebrates the 70th anniversary of the club in 2022.
The Pinion MBC70 is a 39mm stainless steel automatic watch powered by the robust Swiss-made ETA2824-2 movement and is designed, built and tested in England.
This watch is only available to purchase for members of the Mercedes-Benz Club, is priced at £750 (Inc. Vat) and will be available in Spring 2022.
To reserve a watch, pay a deposit. View FAQs for more specific information on this project.
Update 24th Sept 2021: We have now received enough deposits to commence with the manufacturing phase!
The Pinion MBC70 follows the design code as established by the rest of the watches in the Pinion collection, but rather than ‘re-badge’ an existing model, this watch features an entirely exclusive design.
Central to the watch is the dial, electroplated in galvanic black, with a circular brushed finish. For this model, Pinion has opted to focus on the club’s badge as the primary motif seen on the dial, with Pinion as the maker’s name displayed in small under the 6-hour mark.
The watch celebrates the 70th anniversary with supporting typography and has subtle highlights at 52 and 22 min markers to reference 1952 and 2022 as the milestone years for the anniversary.
The Swiss-made ETA2824-2 automatic movement powers the Pinion MBC70. It is often regarded as one of the most well-known and recognized movements in the watch industry due to robust build and reliability.
Pinion regulates all of the movements in-house in five positions over five days to ensure reliability, with an average rate of +/- 5 seconds a day and a maximum daily variation of +/-15 seconds a day.
Covering the movement is a stainless steel case back that is engraved with the 70th Anniversary badge, and each watch has a unique serial number range 001-100.
A slimmer case
While the Pinion MBC is similar to its Atom 39 watch, it features a new, slimmer case that provides a more refined profile when worn on the wrist. This new case will be used in future retail models but will premiere on this watch.
Core to Pinion’s principles is legibility and ease of reading the time. The Pinion MBC70 provides clarity in darker lighting with the Swiss Super-Luminova® coating ‘BG W9’, one of the brightest available, and is applied to the numerals and hands.
Pinion MBC70 specifications
- Diameter: 39mm (excluding crown)
- Length: 45mm (lug-to-lug)
- Height: 10mm
- Time in hours, minutes, seconds
- Hacking seconds feature
- Automatic Swiss made ETA 2824-2
- 25 Jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- 38-hour power reserve
- Regulated in-house to average rate of +/- 5 secs. a day
- Stainless steel. Brushed finish
- Stainless steel crown with Pinion motif
- Solid steel case back, engraved and numbered
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating (inside only)
- Electroplated in galvanic black with a circular brush finish
- Numerals filled with Swiss Superluminova® coating SLN BG W9
- Brass hands, nickle plated
- Hands filled with Swiss Superluminova® coating SLN BG W9
- 10 ATM, 100 metres
- 20mm black sailcloth strap with ecru stitching
- 18mm Pinion steel pin buckle
- Additional strap options available to order at time of purchase
- Built and tested in England
- 24-month Pinion warranty
- Full service and support conducted in England