Exclusive watch for members of the UK’s Official Mercedes-Benz Club.
Pinion is honoured to partner with the Official UK Mercedes-Benz Club, making an exclusive watch that celebrates the 70th anniversary of the club in 2022.
The Pinion MBC70 is a 38mm stainless steel automatic watch powered by the robust Swiss-made ETA2824-2 movement and is designed, built and tested in England.
This watch is only available to purchase for members of the Mercedes-Benz Club, is priced at £825 (Incl.VAT)
The Pinion MBC70 follows the design code as established by the rest of the watches in the Pinion collection, but rather than ‘re-badge’ an existing model, this watch features an entirely exclusive design.
Central to the watch is the dial, electroplated in galvanic black, with a circular brushed finish. For this model, Pinion has opted to focus on the club’s badge as the primary motif seen on the dial, with Pinion as the maker’s name displayed in small under the 6-hour mark.
The watch celebrates the 70th anniversary with supporting typography and has subtle highlights at 52 and 22 min markers to reference 1952 and 2022 as the milestone years for the anniversary.
The Swiss-made ETA2824-2 automatic movement powers the Pinion MBC70. It is often regarded as one of the most well-known and recognized movements in the watch industry due to robust build and reliability.
Pinion regulates all of the movements in-house in five positions over five days to ensure reliability, with an average rate of +/- 5 seconds a day and a maximum daily variation of +/-15 seconds a day.
Covering the movement is a stainless steel case back that is engraved with the 70th Anniversary badge, and each watch has a unique serial number range 001-100.
A slimmer case
While the Pinion MBC is similar to its Atom 39 watch, it features a new, slimmer case that provides a more refined profile when worn on the wrist. This new case will be used in future retail models but will premiere on this watch.
Core to Pinion’s principles is legibility and ease of reading the time. The Pinion MBC70 provides clarity in darker lighting with the Swiss Super-Luminova® coating ‘BG W9’, one of the brightest available, and is applied to the numerals and hands.
Pinion MBC70 specifications
- Time in hours, minutes, seconds
- Hacking seconds feature
- Automatic Swiss made ETA 2824-2
- 25 Jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- 38 hour power reserve
- Regulated in-house (adjusted in five positions to an accuracy of +/-5 sec/day up to +/- 15 sec/day).
- Stainless steel. Brushed finish. 38mm (excluding crown)
- Stainless steel crown with Pinion motif
- Solid steel case back, engraved and numbered
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating (inside only)
- Electroplated with circular brushed finish
- Polished applied numerals
- Central guilloche decoration
- Numbers printed with Superluminova® coating
- Coated brass hands in polished finish with contrasting etched groove (hour, minutes)
- Filled with Superluminova® (hour, minutes, seconds)
- 10 ATM, 100 metres.
- 20mm sailcloth strap with Pinion steel buckle
- 38mm excluding crown
- 42mm including crown
- 45mm total length
- 20mm lug width
- 11mm height (case back to crystal)
- Approx. 55g without leather strap
- Approx. 75g with leather strap